Thursday, July 30, 2015

Where are the Oompa Loompas?

As I said the other day, I've again been stung by a bee. Only this time, my body's reaction to it has been a little more intense, leaving me with a large localized reaction. That is to say, the sting took place on the posterior side of my left calf, roughly three inches above my ankle. And the reaction is making it so that my entire ankle and foot have swelled up. Last night my ankle was the size of a baseball, making it  look as though I have sprained my ankle. Within the next eight hours (while I was sleeping) the swelling leveled up to pregnant lady, having spread throughout the entire foot. In addition to the swelling, areas near the sting have blistered up (as though I had burned myself) and my entire ankle and foot itch.
I'm told that the extent of the reaction peaks at 48 hours, and will begin to dissipate within the next few days.

I really hope this is the case, considering it is my foot that's being effected, and I'm a runner. Any injuries from my waist down make me far more distressed than do ones elsewhere. As a runner, my first thought when I saw my foot was "well can I run?" I received an okay from the doctor to do so, and so yesterday I did, and I wasn't bothered by it. I made it through two 6.5 mile runs (afternoon and night). But we'll see how today plays out, considering it's worse today. Currently, my foot jiggles when I walk, and my ankle is rather stiff. Not fun.

With such a reaction going on, it made me think of Violet from Willie Wonka, and wonder when these creepy little men are going to come out singing, and then carry me off.


No comments:

Post a Comment